kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

i got my cage today and i need a little help please

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by charm_paradise on April 22, 2003 at 22:49:18:

In Reply to: i got my cage today and i need a little help please posted by compasscreek on April 22, 2003 at 22:01:20:

Hi- Is the cage an allscreen cage or a glass tank? A panther that age will out grow a cage that size fast, and you should get one at least 18Lx18Wx36H, chameleons like hight not lenght in ther cages, and like to be above eye level. An adult panther chameleon will need a cage at least 24Lx24Wx48H. kammerflage kreations is a great place to get your first chameleon!

John

:i think the panther will be 4 months old. i'm getting it from kammerflage kreations. i did get a dripper also it is the pet-tech mini dripper.

:thanks a bunch for your help!!

:dennis

:

::Hi- How old is the panther you are getting? The cage size is quite small for a panther. As for the lighting, the Repti-Sun 5.0 floursent bulb can be placed many diffrent ways. You can just put it on top of the cage in the middle, or you can lay it across the back of the cage (horizontal). The basking bulb should be placed on top of the cage under a branch or vine in back of the cage, that the chameleon can use to bask. The basking spot should be around 80-90F. If you get a higher temp, then move the basking bulb up more off the cage till you reach the correct temp. I dont use the floursent bulbs, I use the mercury vapor bulbs for my 6 panthers. The temp gauge can be placed up near the basking spot and the humidity gauge sould be placed down in the middle of the cage near your live plants. I prefer to use digital gauges, because they tend to be more accurate, you can find some at a good price on ebay! Hope this helps!

::P.S.-
::You did get a dripper?

::John

::
:::today i got my cage, repisun fluoresent light, basking light, and a hunidity gage and temp. gage. i got the cage put together. i is 24'L x 12"W x 24"H. what i need to know is where on the top of the cage do i position the fluoresent light? in the back, middle or front of the cage? and where do i put the basking light? i know it goes on one side but where is best. should it be in the back so he can bask privately and feel secure(for lack of a better word)? also the tenp and humidity gages where should these be placed for the best results?

:::i won't have my panther till mid or late may i just want everything right before my little guy comes to his new home.

:::thanks in advance

:::dennis
:::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]