kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: silkies & SuperPet and beheaded mealies!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by chimbakka on April 17, 2003 at 08:49:50:

In Reply to: silkies & SuperPet and beheaded mealies! posted by icequeen on April 16, 2003 at 22:21:48:

I know what you mean... I got large mealies thinking that that is how big they got, thinking I would breed them and give the babies to Orion. HELL NO!!! lol. They are SOOOO gross!!! I had them in a margarine dish, thinking they would just lay in there.. no, they can jump. The little buggers can jump! They got out, in my room. I had to catch them all, and DOWN THE TOILET THEY WENT! lol I found out later that those were "super mealies" and that there are small ones you can get. They are a good size for Orion, and not as nasty, so I just feed him them.
On another note, I completely sympathathize with your lack of bugs. There aren't many places near here I can get them. I have to drive at least 45 min. Bah. So, in the summer I am going to start an insect farm, lol. I am going to catch some praying mantis' from my buddies greenhouse (used for a pool, not plants), and order some walking sticks offline. If Orion will eat them, I may also breed silkies and wax worms. I will have a ton, so if all goes as planned I can ship some to you whenever. I don't think it will cost that much, and I don't mind paying for it. I feel bad just having a ton of insects left over to die anyways. (Like a natural death is somehow worse than being EATEN ALIVE!- I have weird morals, lol).

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]