kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Is it time for me to switch cages?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]

Posted by fryguy28 on April 12, 2003 at 22:10:26:

In Reply to: Is it time for me to switch cages? posted by livxpreshun on April 12, 2003 at 18:50:42:

Not a bad looking cage! I would suggest maybe saving a few bucks and just redo the existing cage. You could make it a little taller by adding some more frame work. Basically build another cube with the same length and width but make it as tall as you like and screw the two together. Pull out the existing cloth and replace it with screen. Before you replace the screen, clean the wood and make sure it is still reusable. Replace any rotten pieces. Then sand it, and either stain and seal it or paint with exterior grade house paint! It will save you a few bucks and some valuable time. If you would like some more clarification just e-mail me. I build cages. I would also keep the tray underneath, it's alot easier with misting systems to just dump out a pan every now and again. That's all I use. Also to contain water, you could replace the rear panel with plexiglass or acrylic. If you're worried about reflections, just sand the surface so it becomes opaque and he can't see himself. Hope this helps. E-mail for some photos of cages too. fryguy28@cox.net

Jay

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Chameleon Forum ]