kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Here's my take...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Carpet and Diamond Python Forum ]

Posted by jkuroski on April 22, 2003 at 18:05:45:

In Reply to: .... posted by polygamus on April 22, 2003 at 17:01:55:

"One thing is Jim, if you don't want the sibs, you don't have to buy them, or even worry about them!!"

I'm not worrying about them, or wanting to buy any. And I don't see where your attitude is coming from. If this is a goal for you to prove out, more power to you, but there is no reason to get an attitude.

"How long have you been studying the Jaguar lines?"

I haven't "studied" them at all. But I do follow genetics and your beliefs don't fit any known gene variation know to date. The fact that the clutches are 50 normal and 50 jaguars leads me to believe that it is a co-dom trait that appears in several forms in homo animals. Making the siblings no more valuable than a normal tiger retic sibling.

"How many Jaguars or siblings do you have?"

None. Haven't won the lottery yet, but if I do, I would have several homo animals and would probably play around with the normal sibs I produced.

"What kind of contacts have you made with the breeders?"

I have only inquired about them from the European breeders. And none of them have produced anything from a normal sib to sib breeding.

"If these are gene carriers, what do you imagine will happen to the price?"

I don't think they are, so average coastal price or slightly higher for better coloration.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Carpet and Diamond Python Forum ]