kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

how much should my turtle weigh?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Box Turtle Forum ]

Posted by PHBoxTurtle on April 22, 2003 at 21:12:13:

In Reply to: how much should my turtle weigh? posted by valerie on April 21, 2003 at 21:29:03:

If she is full grown, she is probably underweight. I have female three toeds also and they weigh twice as much. Please feed her every other day. Add more protien rich foods like cooked chicken, soaked dog kibble and Puppy Milkbones, earthworms and waxworms.

She may have permanent organ damage if she was eating nothing but oranges and lettuce for a long time. That may be why she cannot put on weigh. But let's hope for the best. Box turtles are real fighters and maybe the damage can be undone with your good care. Good luck! Tess

:I have a female 3 toed box turtle. I decided to weigh her, she was weighed once before at the vets but i don't remember the number. She weighed 230grams, is this what they are supposed to weigh? She is rather small(her shell is about 4inches) and was rather abused before i got her. Her previous owner only fed her oranges and lettuce. I have had her for 1 year and she looks much better then before. I have her eating all sorts of different veggies,fruit and meal worms. She only eats about 1-2 a week is this normal?

:So i'm jsut wonderign if her eating habits are good and her weight is ok, if not how can i get her to eat more and gain weight.Thank you

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Box Turtle Forum ]