kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: I agree with the Uromastyx

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Beginner Lizard Forum ]

Posted by sadenna on March 19, 2003 at 01:49:21:

In Reply to: I'm new--need low maintenance, smallish, vegan posted by goldie1 on March 12, 2003 at 16:36:29:

I have two, I find them fairly easy to care for they eat a variety of veggies mostly leafy greens like bok choy,mustard greens,nappa cabbage and endive are just some examples of what they can be fed. They don't require crickets or superworms as to many can actually be bad for them but once in a while as a treat is ok. I have found they develope great personalities, and are smart I have found that our two can tell the difference between me and my husband, with me they run up to my hand to inspect if for food mainly their fave treat cooked brown rice and lentils, as for my husband they are not quite sure what to think of him even though is so nice to them and handles them alot, but I guess I am the favorite since I am the food provider. A good site to check out is Deer Fern Farms it has alot of good information on Care or Uros, The owner Doug Dix is a great guy and is very helpful for answering questions.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Beginner Lizard Forum ]