kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Well I got a two year old leopard gecko today;

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Beginner Lizard Forum ]

Posted by starmom on August 06, 2002 at 20:31:44:

In Reply to: Re: wanted: pet that can tolerate colder temps/smaller enclosure posted by PHFaust on August 05, 2002 at 23:27:14:

I was all over today, visited three pet shops, returned some items to the infamous petco (reptarium, set it up for my mantid, hated it, hated it, hated it, poor construction, crummy zippers)

anyway I went to one that I got to for crickets and wax worms for my mantid and ive been "browsing" for some time, I started asking questions about the leopard geckos, inquired about the friendliness etc, and the shop owner plunks "dale" into my hands...
So Cute! So Friendly, when you pet him he leans into it, his previous owner took great care of him, but was overwhelmed and had just sold dale back to the shop today! 10 minutes in my hands and I had to take him with me.......I have that 20 gal tank and the light, got some bark substrate, moss ,dish and hiding place and some bugs for him and max the mantid....and came home....

He already got aquainted with my hubby (crawled all over, and we named him after my husbands idol dale ernhardt) and my four year old was facinated and wanted to gently pet him......

anyway....im happy.....
sue

:I think from what you are describing a leo might fit your bill... Below you will find a link to a basic care sheet on leos. I personally have never had them however I do hear that they are great beginner pets... Check out the Leo Gecko forum here by going to http://forum.kingsnake.com/lgecko/ or heading back to main forum page. And of course Im sure if anyone here has had the opportunity to deal with Leos they will gladly post and share.

:Cindy
:PHFaust
:Pet Hobbyist Host at kingsnake.com

::would a leo gecko fit this bill? the other thing is a lizard that would tolerate gentle attention and handeling...

::my only other BIG issue, is that I CANNOT feed my pet, baby mice, I draw the line there.....

::Im currently raising preying mantids........love them.....
::thanks
::sue

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Beginner Lizard Forum ]