kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Petco

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Beginner Lizard Forum ]

Posted by PCFFaust on August 02, 2002 at 11:13:08:

In Reply to: Petco posted by Mr. Toad on August 02, 2002 at 05:58:52:

Im very impressed that you even got a response from Petco. However in light of their recent lawsuit out in San Francisco, they may be wanting to avoid more bad press. Personally, coming from a background of Iguanas, I would like to see store stop selling all pets. Then again in my pet utopia, I would like to see all animals sold ONLY thru reputable breeders. But we know that aint happin'. My suggestion to all is to watch these stores that are notorious for having bad herps health wise. If you get the time of day from the coporate office, continue monitoring them. If the health conditions are really bad try to contact your local humane society, ASPCA or a herp group in your area. Even possibly contacting the local DA's office. Keep notes. And most of all, hit them where it hurts and Dont spend money there. Make sure to spread via word of mouth that this place has poor quality animals and the health standards are bad. Remember when spreading the word to stick to facts rather than emotion. Facts will make more of an impact.

Cindy
PCFFaust
Pet Hobbyist Host at kingsnake.com

:This is in response to a Petco post I could do a follow up on because of the format change....anyway.
:I actually emailed the Corporate Office of Petco and complained
:about the conditions in a Michigan store. Some high up actually called me
:and we talked for a while about what was going to be done to fix the problem.
:I went back a few weeks better and it was much improved. However, I don't think
:stores like Petco and Petsmart should not be able to sell any kind of herp!
:no matter how cheap they are. They require too much care and knowledge for them to be sold
:like candy bars at wal-mart. These are not throw away pets. Call the Corp Office and complain
:and also the humane society if needed. These stores piss me off.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Beginner Lizard Forum ]