kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Need some egg advice. Quick!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]

Posted by falias on May 18, 2003 at 18:59:54:

My female just laid a clutch of eggs. In all of her previous clutches I have candled the first few eggs, which would look normal and have a circle on top(which I assume is the embryo.) Around the circle would be a cloudy area(i have always thought was the food for the embryo.) Then I would just put the rest of the eggs in the incubator the way I found them. This time the second egg I pulled out had the circle on the bottom. I candled all of the eggs after that and most of them did not have the circle on top. What is the best thing to do in this case? She did run into the wall with her burrow, and actually had several layers of eggs, she never did that before. They have always been on the same level in the past. I have them in the vermiculite now with both the position she laid them and the position of the circle marked. Which way should I go with? They are only about two hours old now. Thanks for any help.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]