kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

If you feel the need? try this again..my citation of handgun

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Alterna Forum ]

Posted by mchambers on May 13, 2003 at 09:09:13:

In Reply to: If you feel the need? posted by mchambers on May 13, 2003 at 08:49:07:

I have been stopped by Border Patrol, County Sherrif, Park rangers outside of the parks, DEA (drug enforecment) and have been checked by all and have had my handgun checked. I got a citation from a park ranger outside of Big Bend when they stopped me in Study Butte several years ago. They said I was speeding through the park on a return trip from the basin. This was at 8:30 pm befor dark as I was up there visiting and wanting to make it back to the motel before we was going to head out that night to RR. I got a $100 ticket for a handgun that was in reach. When I tried to fight it I found that I needed a permit from Texas and a permit from every state that I traveled from to get there. I was able to KEEP the gun. But had to pay the fine mailed to Atlanta GE. Most other law enforement that stopped me when I carried the guns were understanding because I have been around long enough to remember the drug days of the Bend ( Book : The life and times of a drug lord ) and I was shot at around the Teepees back in the early 80ties. But with the pressure of the Border closings and the up of law enforcement around the areas I have stopped carrying the handguns down. Besides...it is a good idea to know who else is out there on that same road at night doing the same thing that you are doing to keep safe. The only maybe spooky road would be the River Road( 170) if you are out past Lajitas but again on almost ever trip there was someone else herp hunter wise.

M Chambers

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Alterna Forum ]