kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Lizard Habitat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Alligator Lizard Forum ]

Posted by Lightning_Hunter on April 26, 2002 at 23:54:21:

In Reply to: Lizard Habitat posted by Ammon on April 26, 2002 at 20:05:29:

Im not sure about Beach sand... I have never tried it! The salt from the saltwater might be a problem. Im not sure if it would harm a AL, but it sure wouldnt smell good :)

Another thing, make sure you have a seperate cage to store your crickets in. Never allow crickets to roam freely around the Alligator Lizard's cage if he doesn't eat them. I once had a smaller lizard that had his leg chewed off by a cricket. He was much smaller than a alligator lizard, but I still wouldnt take any chances. The crickets might cause harm to him. If the lizard does not eat the crickets within a few hours, then I would take them out.

When you said the 2nd photo in the picture gallery, were you talking about the picture in the Free Photo Gallery in this web page? That is the picture I took :) That is a picture of one of my 3 Alligator lizards that I have right now.
If your lizard is the same type I have, then he will get about 12-20 inches long (depending on wether he lost his tail or not) Mine is 12 inches long because he appears to have lost his tail sometime before I caught him. His tail is only half the length of his body. Normally their tails can get twice as long as their body length.

I don't know any specific links to other web pages about Alligator Lizards, but you can go to http://www.google.com/ and type in "alligator Lizard" in the search, and you will get plenty of web pages with care sheets, and information about Alligator Lizards.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. I don't mind answering questions about Alligator Lizards :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Alligator Lizard Forum ]