kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Lets not lose sight of what Nathan said

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Turtle Forum ]

Posted by Kanuck on April 17, 2003 at 10:17:20:

In Reply to: Re: Lets not lose sight of what Nathan said posted by nathana on April 17, 2003 at 09:10:41:

Hell Nathan, I don't know you from a hole in the wall either. IMHO you come across as pompous and condescending with your sneaky little jabs but hey, maybe thats just me. As far as husbandry goes suffice it to say that I don't agree with you 100%. I think your setups are admirable and I'm sure that your animals are extremely well taken care of. If you've been doing this as log as you say you have you've been through most of the pitfalls that this hobby has to offer. So have I and in my experience it's possible to keep animals healthy and happy with artificial lighting and heating in an indoor environment with a minimum of fuss and muss. (Unless of course you don't like doing the water changes and filter maintenance that comes with the territory). When I first started out way back in the dark ages I had more problems with illness and desease than now. Most of that was attributable to the fact that the animals I was buying were nearly all wild caught. But now, with the availibilty of large numbers of captive born and bred animals I don't see that anymore. Establishing C.B.B in a collection is quite easy compared to W.C. animals. And I don't see them missing the outdoors all that much. I can't see how keeping them in a spacious indoor setup is depriving them of anything. Those are my observations and experiences. I think that if you provide security, food and a setup that allows natural activities to take place thats all you need. But then again I may be wrong. Best of luck wih your animals.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Turtle Forum ]