kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Just thought I'd chime in here

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The TSHS Forum ]

Posted by Todd Evans on August 23, 2002 at 16:46:56:

Hello all....yes, I AM very busy. I got a new job that I happen to start on Monday 08/26. I am getting married in 3 weeks. I have that pre-marriage counseling thing on Wednesdaqy nights, and will be on my honeymoon for the september meeting. I don't yet have an ISP at home yet, so I am posting this from my fathers PC.

Ok, enough of the excuses for my lack on communication. To explain MY part of the BU expo, I gave them nothing. I did NOT give them the TSHS vendor list. I KNEW the date of the TSHS show, but did NOT know the date of the second BU show, or I would have informed Nikki of it earlier.....I just found out after reading these posts. As far as I am concerned, BU (minus me) is planning this show. That would be George, Mike, Nikki, and whoever I forgot.....but I AM NOT INVOLVED. The only thing I was involved in was the potential monroeville expomart show in 2004. This show came as a surprise to me as well. I DID know that they were thinking about doing a show, I found out about a month ago that the plans were already underway. I don't want to sound like I am defending myself to the TSHS because I know that this is a free country and that if BU wants to go ahead and do this they have every right to. I DO understand that somebody from the society was to be looking for a new venue for the tshs shows. Well, I haven't found one yet, but then again, I haven't had too much time to be looking now have I?

I am affraid that the TSHS shows might be a moot point now anyway. I mean like Fred had always told me, this is a VOLUNTEER organization, you can't ORDER people to do anything. Since for a while there it seemed as though very few people were "volunteering," I say good luck to them in trying to do one of their own. Since I'm not too involved, I don't expect anything from it, just as I had never expected anything but a "thank you" from the TSHS.

If George and Nikki make a few bucks off of this, so be it. But I admit that doing the work involved for something IS a lot better than doing it for nothing (not evan a "thank you")

Anyway, I am distanced from BU (for various reasons) and I am very dissapointed in the expectations of the TSHS as well. It might be a while since I can even surface either (my shift is 11AM to 8PM....I'll try to race to the meetings after September, but can't promise anything) Anyway, I've said my piece, but not one person should be upset with or even have the right to be upset with the BU crew........they didn't "steal" anything.

In a sense this kinda shows what the TSHS can do without BU around.....which from where I'm standing doesn't look like much.

Thanks,
Todd

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The TSHS Forum ]