kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I have a question about my WTF . . .

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tree Frog Forum ]

Posted by pixistix on April 23, 2003 at 18:41:33:

In Reply to: I have a question about my WTF . . . posted by markc on April 23, 2003 at 14:33:22:

:you work at a petstore. that explains alot. not a fan of most stores although I do understand somewhat why they don't take care of the animals properly.
:the frog is in the moss because there are no other places to hide. they are nocturnal and need to sleep undisturbed during the day.
:bed-a-beast should be sold at your store. could be a different brand but it is a brick of coconut fiber that you soak in water and break it up. snake plants are sold at every nursery, even Walmart usually has them. Home Depot always has them.
:you need a thermometer to actually know what the temp is. no other option. room temp affects the tank temp obviously and I don't know what that is either. if the frog sits under the light it could be cold. if it is away from lamp than it is probably hot.
:I assume the store has cork bark and assorted real driftwood pieces. those are better than the fake stuff but up to you. and get some background taped on 3 sides of tank too.

I havn't gotten any information from the pet store I work at, most of the info was from the internet. I think I will get that snake log, its a good size and not too big. I already have a half log from snakes I owned in the past, but I believe that will be too big for one frog. I make backgrounds for the sides of the tank.

One more question . . . Right now I'm cleaning the cage and everything in it weekly with boiling hot declorenated water, is there somthing better then that? I don't want to use anything that will harm my WTF. Before you say anything, yes I clean the water bowl every day like this :D

And about your pet store comment, I don't work with the animals yet, before I do, I plan on learning more about the animals I don't know much about first. This is my first amphibian. I do agree with you that many pet stores don't care for their animals properly. I've seen one store feeding iguanas cole slaw mixture . . . that exlains it all.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Tree Frog Forum ]