kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I have a question about my WTF . . .

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tree Frog Forum ]

Posted by markc on April 23, 2003 at 14:33:22:

In Reply to: I have a question about my WTF . . . posted by pixistix on April 23, 2003 at 13:42:42:

you work at a petstore. that explains alot. not a fan of most stores although I do understand somewhat why they don't take care of the animals properly.
the frog is in the moss because there are no other places to hide. they are nocturnal and need to sleep undisturbed during the day.
bed-a-beast should be sold at your store. could be a different brand but it is a brick of coconut fiber that you soak in water and break it up. snake plants are sold at every nursery, even Walmart usually has them. Home Depot always has them.
you need a thermometer to actually know what the temp is. no other option. room temp affects the tank temp obviously and I don't know what that is either. if the frog sits under the light it could be cold. if it is away from lamp than it is probably hot.
I assume the store has cork bark and assorted real driftwood pieces. those are better than the fake stuff but up to you. and get some background taped on 3 sides of tank too.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Tree Frog Forum ]