kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I know im bothering you all but still a lil help please!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Mike on October 28, 2001 at 11:23:19:

Ok,
I have read a few articles and realized that what all you people have been saying about the sulcutas being a bad idea is totally true. On the other hand the only species that I was able to find of all the others mentioned, like the asians, herman and greek have either been extremely expensive for a 15 year old(yes iam 15 but iam ready to handle this dont put doubt on me b/c of my age!) except for the russians! But what I'am wondering is do the russians really need to have more programs established? I mean the asian tortoises are becoming extinct very rapidly b/c of over population etc, but i cant find any species avaible on the net, and the greek tortoise is becomiong endangered b/c of the large numbers of exportation and their bad living conditions with those people who only care about money! But i was only able to locate Greek Male tortoises at 100 dollars a pop! If i want to set up a program at 15 its going to be a little hard to buy like 20 greek tortoises at 100 a piece! Does anyone know where maybe someone is out there breeding them and can set aside some for me as a conservation program, if you have any doubts about it being about the love for reptiles I mean these things arent even going to be able to breed for like 10 years or so, so just look at that factor, I will have plenty of room here at my house and my parents are ok with plan. They know how much I love herps and are also letting me setup some fenced in area outside where the tortoises can graze and absorb sun light! SO let me know again what you guys think, and believe me I more than appreciate all the help you guys are giving me and I think if I can do this many of you will be proud in the future thanks!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]