kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Well, this is what I seem to think....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Barry on August 08, 2001 at 02:19:42:

In Reply to: Sulcata diet....The debate.......... posted by Barry on August 07, 2001 at 12:41:50:

I would have to say that after reading more literature and hearing what everyone has to say about sulcata diet, I think that a more high fiber diet and less of the lettuce types would be better. As EJ mentioned, you gotta feed what have access to, but knowing what they eat in the wild and just how much access to water they have also, I'm going to have to make some changes in my sulcata's diet. I offer my sulcata's water all the time and have only seen them drink once. Why? Maybe because it's because of the high water type food. The lettuces I'm sure will work, but as the gentleman I talked to mentioned, they have a hard time processing it and by giving them the low fiber/high water feed, I'm not giving them much of a choice and making it harder on their kidneys. So, with that in mind, I've heard that there is an internet link to a company or person who sells a "pasture seed mix" Anyone know or have it? Please email me directly.....

THanks,
Barry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]