kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

It's purpose to make him more visible? More..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]

Posted by Georgia on August 07, 2001 at 19:13:00:

In Reply to: his little posted by Niki on August 06, 2001 at 21:47:38:

: he only wears this when he's walking on the road,
: he follows me forever! It's an adjustable bright
: pretty orange soft harness (for kittens I suppose),
: and there are no buckels just a simple plastic
: snap that's on the side of his shell but not rubbing.

I take Buster for walks down the street on the sidewalk. As Teddy does, Buster follows me every where. He has stopped many a car and nearly caused a few accidents. Most people around here walk their dogs, we do also, but it's always fun to stir up the mix a bit. I don't take Tonka anymore. He doesn't obey the rules, is stubborn about staying on the sidewalk, he doesn't like the idea of having to stay to the side of my leg, which is a guide that Buster follows very well. I constantly have to pick Tonka up to get him back on track and these days he is a bit toooooo heavy to be picking up. I wonder if it has anything to do with age or whether is has to do with not having him as a baby. Another difference we have with our two...Buster never dirties his house and for this reason he is allowed to make visits into our house. Tonka on the other hand...he is a pig! When ya gotta go ya gotta go and he doesn't care where he is, he lets go.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ]