kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Red-Footed Tortoise feeding schedule

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim S. on April 27, 2001 at 21:05:01:

In Reply to: Red-Footed Tortoise feeding schedule posted by Russ Ward on April 27, 2001 at 19:22:41:

Hi. I just got a redfoot hatchling a few weeks ago. Have you read the web page on Beasley the Red Footed Tortoise? It tells you everything you need to know and was a huge help to me. She explains proper housing, diet, everything you need to know. I feed my tortoise after her (or his) daily soak. It took her a few days to start eating quite a bit but now I think she is doing well. I feed her a mixture of greens (refer to website for what's good) and some fruit. Of course, it has to be shredded pretty small! Also, just for reference, my tortoise hatched Feb. 2nd and is just barely over 2 inches in length, and weighs 45 grams. Beasley, the tortoise on the web site, was 3 and a quarter inches at 6 months of age. Make sure you get the humidity (70-80) in the habitat right. Also, make sure you have the UVB light, and a warm spot (up to 90) and cool side (75 degrees), and plenty of places to hide. Hope this helps! I am not sure how to post web addresses, but if you do a search for "Beasley the Red Footed Tortoise" on MSN.com or yahoo, it should show up.

: Hi i was wondering if antbody else has a Red-Foot hatchling that they maybe be able to send me there feeding schedule or what they feed them cause im not sure about it and i dont want to cause pyramiding of the shell or any other disorder from improper diet also i dont no exactly how much to feed my hatchling red-foot im not sure how old it is between 2 months to 6 months old. please any im formation would be greatly appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]