kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Sulcata.....questions for big tort owners

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Georgia on February 04, 2001 at 01:43:23:

In Reply to: Re: Sulcata.....questions for big tort owners posted by Terry on February 04, 2001 at 01:12:29:

The plastic plant/water saucers we use for our two are 21 inches in diameter and the water is about two inches at the deepest part. Tonka walks right through that. Buzzy has no problem getting into hers, but she has to remember to get her leg over the edge to climb out. We don't fill hers as much as Tonka's. One a the dog's water bowls is three inches deep and I watch Tonka walk right through it today. Just how big is the saucer you use for Angel? Buzzy loves to lay in hers, especially if the sun has been shining on it to warm it up or we put luke warm water in it. I love to watch her when she's layed her head on the edge and dozed off. Kind of like she's taking a bubble bath. Tonka drinks from his and then walks through as he poops. Thats my boy! He is always on the go. His water time in spent in running water, sprinkler or if one of us is hand watering, he wants to be watered too. Yes, white is a no no around these torts, especially if you lay in the grass to play with them and let them crawl on you.

:
: The edge of the plant pot saucer,( a huge plastic one) is just a little too high for Angel to climb out.
: She really enjoys her soak, as she doesn't get one very often. Sometimes she'll sit in it forever, even almost fall asleep.
: Hoku the baby does the same thing, he loves his soak.

: One person lifts the rear end a bit, the other scrubs!Don't wear white when doing this!

: I had a pair of white shorts on today, picked Angel up ( with difficulty) and she got me with that rear leg!
: Terry.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]