kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

observation skills?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Olaf Pronk / Centre soafiavy on July 02, 2000 at 23:22:42:

In Reply to: I agree with u! Mr.Pronk,a greedy man?? posted by Another long time observer on July 02, 2000 at 20:48:52:

Mr observer, yes, I am a commercial dealer and commercial breeder. One does not need great obervation skills
to discover this because I said so in my very first post on the Pyxis subject.. I donot post long stories to make
people think otherwise but rather to give some facts and figures of the Pyxis export situation and some husbandry guidelines along the libe because people ask me.

Yes, I breed many animals that donot have investment potential (Pelomedusa subrufu, Pelusios castaneus to name
a few) I keep and will hopefully breed Geochelone yniphora, animals that are the property of the Government of
Madagascar and which' offspring will NEVER be alllowed for commercial export. The subject of re-introduction into the wild of captive bred animals is highly questionable, even amongst conservationists.

No, I donot need financial help for my breeding projects. They are financially self supporting. and last but not least, the reptile park in Madagascar is under development.

Not too long, I hope?

Olaf Pronk

Mr. Pronk,everybody knows that u are a commercial dealer.Pls stop giving us such long stories and trying to let people know u are a rescue pioneer for those endangered species.
If the animals do not have investment potential,will u breed them?? huh?? will u breed animals and release them in the wild in the future? I know u need financial help to support your breeding projects,why not just open a public reptiles park in Madagascar instead of selling difficult,easily dead species to inexperienced collectors? yes,we admit that u are a professional reptils breeder,but we don't like to see that u are a professional COMMERCIAL reptiles breeder

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]