kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: observation skills?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Long time observer of Olaf Pronk on July 07, 2000 at 03:36:12:

In Reply to: observation skills? posted by Olaf Pronk / Centre soafiavy on July 02, 2000 at 23:22:42:

: Mr observer, yes, I am a commercial dealer and commercial breeder. One does not need great obervation skills
: to discover this

Yes Mr. Pronk this is a well known fact, especially among those who work in the areas of exploitation and witness the greed of the import/export trade in WILD animals. Your name seems to be one of the first mentioned where the trade in freshly wild caught reptiles is concerned.

: Yes, I breed many animals that donot have investment potential (Pelomedusa subrufu, Pelusios castaneus to name
: a few)

They are sold however, yes? How many animals do you remove from the wild every year?

I keep and will hopefully breed Geochelone yniphora, animals that are the property of the Government of
: Madagascar

Why do you keep animals which are the property of Madagascar?

: No, I donot need financial help for my breeding projects. They are financially self supporting. and last but not least, the reptile park in Madagascar is under development.

What about the long term welfare of any individual reptile, of any species? You sell them to whoever has the money to pay your price.

It will be a cold day in hell before any person could convince me that you CARE about the WILD animals you export to whoever will pay your price.

: Not too long, I hope?

Any message from you is too long in my personal opinion, but that is only my opinion. I find it remarkable that you attempt to gain sympathy for yourself on this forum. Your original letter was not about tortoises so much as it was you're own worrying about how much money tou wil or will not make!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tortoise Forum ] [ FAQ ]