kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: NEED SOME RESPONSES PLEASE RE: introduction of new Tegus

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Tegu Forum ]

Posted by Pennebaker on April 22, 2003 at 10:27:12:

In Reply to: Re: NEED SOME RESPONSES PLEASE RE: introduction of new Tegus posted by Blakes_girl on April 19, 2003 at 00:33:17:

Hi Lisa,
Tegus now too--you guys are as crazy as me--LOL.
Try introducing them outside maybe? Our two pairs seem to get along fine outdoors, bask together and roam--the enclosure might be too territorial of a place. Maybe if they get along outside of the enclosure, it will be easier to put them together. Sounds pretty volitile though--I am not sure why.
good luck.
dana

:I vote for using the divider. See how the larger female responds to that, and let us know how it goes. With a clear barrier, at least they can all see each other and maybe slowly get used to the presence of each other and maybe your larger female will chill out a bit.

::I posted down below a few days ago about introducing my lone female to a new pair of red Tegus I purchased. Well I tried the two girls first and it was pretty rough. I later (the next day) introduced my lone girl to the pair. I placed the lone female into a the pairs enclosure and more of the same. However, she attacked the male more vigoursly. At one point (the point where I seperated the lone female) she grabbed the male by the leg and went into a violent "alligator death roll". Is this a sign that there is no hope for cohabitating the trio? Should I make a clear dividor to allow them to see one another but not contact each other? Should I get the new pair up to the same size as me girl? (they are only slightly smaller in length but my gir is a big fatty) Lastly, would you assume that because she attacked the male so intensly that my girl is a male? (I probed her and I could swear she is female) I really could use your thoughts and advice here!

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Tegu Forum ]