return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Veiled chameleon owner gone a little too far!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ellem on April 18, 1999 at 14:26:59:

Today at a reptile swap meet I saw an older women with an adult male veiled chameleon. It was covered in little
beaded jewelry and she was babying it like a puppy in her arms. She constantly hugged and kissed it while stroking it's
spine. However it seemed to maintain non stressed colorings but it had a large scab on it's lower jaw. She stroked
it's back repeatedly and it didn't mind but it have a big bump on it's back and looked like she had rubbed the scaly spiky crest
right off it's back! I have a breeding pair of veiled myself but I thought this was a little too far! I feel that someone like
this has turned their love of reptiles in to an obsession which does not have anything to do with the animals welfare or
interest. Anyone agree with me on this one? I feel like I'm the only one here.

She said it was too years old and she takes it everywhere with her . I think that chameleon must be a survivor because
my chameleons don't tolerate this kind of stress and I don't feel they need too!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Stories Forum ] [ FAQ ]