kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for Reptile Super Show
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Komodo Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Lancaster Herp Society Meeting - Aug. 19, 2022 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Aug. 20, 2022 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Aug. 26, 2022 . . . . . . . . . .  Northern Virginia Reptile Show - Aug. 27, 2022 . . . . . . . . . .  Central Illinois Herp Society Meeting - Sept. 01, 2022 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Sept. 07, 2022 . . . . . . . . . .  Madison Herp Society Meeting - Sept. 09, 2022 . . . . . . . . . .  East Coast Reptile Super Expo - Sept. 10, 2022 . . . . . . . . . .  All Maryland Reptile Show - Sept. 10, 2022 . . . . . . . . . .  Madison Herp Society Meeting (Milwaukee) - Sept. 14, 2022 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Snapping Turtle Forum ]

Posted by MikeST on January 07, 2003 at 09:05:43:

In Reply to: Re: posted by kurma on January 07, 2003 at 08:56:34:

:Here's a picture, sorry I don't know why they has tails like that my guess is incorrect incubation.

:Heres the thing. I have a source who has 10-12 of these I can get for just shipping. She says no-one wants the pigtails.
I talked to John the "Turtle man" and he said to stay away from the pigtails, that its a bad gene. I really don't know anything about it, and I wouldn't mind trying to salvage some turtles that will otherwise probobly die. John said sometimes the tail can actually get caught on stuff and the turtle will drown. I see no problem with that if I keep the tank with just smooth rocks.
I don't know if that means they might have other problems . Will they grow correctly? Stuff like that.

Any idead you guys have will realy help. I sometimes like taking things that no-one else wants, but I also know that can lead to headaches too.
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Snapping Turtle Forum ]