kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

WORRIED ABOUT PTS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Skink Forum ]

Posted by barace21 on April 20, 2003 at 19:53:29:

Hello, this is my first post on this forum, but I have been reading for quite a few months now. I have a 1:3 group of PTS's that I have had for about 6 months. Until now everything has been great. About a week ago, one of my females was "resting" on the bottom of her enclosure, which is very rare for any of them. The only time they go to the bottom is for food. Anyways a few hours later, she was still down there, but on the other side. She looked very out of sorts, cold, and uninterested in anything I did to her. She then proceeded to "suck in " her sides and sway back and forth for several minutes. I then took her and put her in her own enclosure where she has remained for the last week. Now she has perked up quite a bit and seems very healthy (except she won't eat very much). She is extremely aggressive. I really don't know what to do. Do you think she is pregnant? sick? Any suggestions would be appreciated. If you need any additional info, I can provide it. Thanks

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Skink Forum ]