kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Rough Scale Sand Boas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rosy and Sandboa Forum ]

Posted by ericthemantis on March 24, 2003 at 14:56:01:

In Reply to: Re: Rough Scale Sand Boas posted by chrish on March 24, 2003 at 12:27:13:

:The largest rough scaled I ever had was a female that was probably around 30 inches long and weighed 600 grams at maximum weight (it varied depending on where she was in the breeding cycle). She could eat 2-3 adult mice or rat pups per feeding.

:I had two other breeder females that were around 300 grams and were just under 2 feet in length. These were both cbb and were around 5 years old at the time that I measured them (they had bred successfully the previous year, so they were adults). They usually didn't eat anything larger than a hopper sized mouse.

:My male which I raised up and bred never weighed more than 89 grams and was probably less than 18 inches in total length. He would eat fuzzies.

:This is a pic of my large female (within a few days of giving birth - probably weighing around 450 grams at the time) with my male and a clutch of ten newborns.

Holy cow! I new the females were bigger than the males, but WOW!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rosy and Sandboa Forum ]