kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: baby KSB's still not doing well

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rosy and Sandboa Forum ]

Posted by jasons-jungle on March 10, 2003 at 14:45:35:

In Reply to: baby KSB's still not doing well posted by meretseger on March 08, 2003 at 14:46:38:

:You may remember my post about 3 baby KSB's I have that wouldn't eat. One of them has eaten, gained 2 grams, and shed. As for the other 2, one is down from 8 grams to 6, and the other from 6 grams to 4. For comparison, a quarter weighs 6 grams and a nickel weighs 4 grams. Since they have respectively lost 20% and 33% of their body weight, we're getting pretty worried. We tried assist feeding pinky heads, but it didn't work. I think on Monday we're going to go to the vet and pick up some catheters and syringes for tube feeding. Does anyone else have any advice? We've tried pretty much everything we've ever heard about. Fortunately, the snakes still seem pretty active.

Sorry to hear that your babies are still not doing very well. I have an ablino that is having problems eating as well. I took her to the vet again and he prescribed an antibiodic (sorry I don't rememeber the name) that not only treats infections, but has a side-effect of being an appetite stimulant. No luck so far but I've only tried it once. He also suggested I try to actually bring her temps down for a week or so, then bring them back up and try feeding again.
Good luck. Have you made any progress on getting the supplier to reimburse you if the snakes don't make it? If they don't, please post a notice so the rest of us won't get burned by this supplier, you story is a horrible one.
Thanks and good luck,
Jason @ Jason's Jungle

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rosy and Sandboa Forum ]