kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Ways to skin a cat....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by Allen Repashy on April 23, 2003 at 22:10:52:

In Reply to: I had no idea I was so irresponsible! posted by mikecoscia on April 23, 2003 at 20:17:49:

Hey Mike,

I also apologize for taking your posts personal. I usually don't go off like that and it is out of my character to do so. I am just having a bad day I guess... I had a trout season opener trip planned for this weekend, and we cancelled today because of the weather.
Anyway....
Mike, I have read nearly all of your posts on this forum, and you have a lot of great info to share. I have commented on this here in the past. It was just that you were presenting your experience as gospel, and it is not... neither is mine. We both have our opinions, and can agree to disagree on any topic. You just struck a nerve when you said that breeding cresteds at 10 months is irresponsible.
I am not saying that people need to do it, or even recommending they do, just that it can be done without problems given proper nutrition. There is nothing wrong with recommending that people wait, and like pointed out, it can do more good than bad.
Mike, a lot of people look to you for answers on here, and you give a lot of good ones. Its just that a lot of newbies might take your opinions as gospel, and not realize that different people have different formulas for success. We are BOTH successful at working with Rhacs, and we both have our own methods... Lets just try and present our opinions as thus, and point out that there is more than one way to skin a cat without saying that others roads to success are not the right way.
Respectfully, Allen

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]