kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Semi-enjoyable PetCo experiance....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by Tegan on February 17, 2003 at 14:39:19:

So I head out to PetCo today to pick up some wax worms, crickets and to see if the Crested Gecko diet is out (nope not yet). I glance through the lizards and snakes like I normally do and my heart leaps into my throat as I read "New Caldonia Crested Gecko" in big blue letters on a peice of paper on a cage. The price? $49.95 marked down from $219.00 (That's right folks $219.00, and that unsexed six month old can be yours!) So I take a look in the tank. Fearing the worst.

Wow! Nice set up! Lots of places to climb and hide, and what's that hidden in there yep it's a little cresty! My goodness look at him! He looks really healthy!

So I look around and find the person working in the reptile department, she comes over and lets me take the little guy out. Yep, he sure is healthy! And fat too! Even has his tail! (I was shocked that he did still have his tail.) And was quite calm about being handled, not jumpy or skittish at all.

So I start quizzing her on diet, temps, substrates etc etc...I'm telling you she had every question right with no hesitation what so ever! So we put the little cresty back and I start asking her about the corns and ball pythons...again every question right. Move onto another critter and AGAIN! every question right! I was really impressed.

And where as I'm sad to see PetCo selling crestys, I'm really really happy to see they finally got a person working in the reptile department that knows what the heck she is doing. Heck the leopard geckos even looked good (and they never looked healthy at that PetCo). So a thumbs up to PetCo for finally getting it right and hireing someone with knowledge, not just someone that will listen to what corporate office thinks is the right care.

Tegan

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]