kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Update on possible impactation (Drako)....Depression? (more)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by Gecko2525 on November 08, 2002 at 23:47:06:

My vet told me she didn't think he (Drako) had an impactation. She felt his stomach and everything. She was a bit confused herself. He did go to the bathroom, but after I used the mineral oil (which my vet said their is lots of opinions on mineral oil, but can be use 'occasionally', like rarely). Here is my question. I had my female's tank beside my male' tank for about a month and then I had to separate them to make room for my Bearded Dragon. This got me thinking. Can Crested's get depressed? He got sick shortly after I moved her. He use to sit there and watch her in her tank all night. Maybe he is just upset about that. Today as an experiment I took her out and place her on the top of his cage. Instantly his head bounced up and he changed colour and watch her ever move. He isn't eating much and I have to kind of force feed him. Could they be like humans and get depressed and stop eating? He has been tested for worms and he is clear. Plus he still looks sick, he has what appears to be dry skin around his eyes (dark circles). Though he just recently shed and I watch the whole thing and he had no problems.
Does anyone think it is possible for a gecko to be depressed? I know other animals become upset when a family member or even another pet disappears.

Just to see, I am SOME HOW going to put there tanks side by side again. I will keep you posted.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]