kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Was going to buy a submersible one...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by Lyn on October 25, 2002 at 16:43:07:

In Reply to: Re: I have an idea on making a posted by Mic on October 25, 2002 at 09:39:17:

They stick to the glass w/ suction cups and can go sideways towards the bottom so the water would have to get super low before it got dangerous. I'd monitor it and would never let it get that bad though. Maybe doing the whole back wall would be better, and maybe making the 'slice' a bit wider than I originally planned so there would be more water. I did it with just a bottle for the frogs and it worked ok, this would be more water than that. I'm moving them from a 20 long into a 30 high this weekend, but have my sights set on a 70 high for only $150 at my local store. It's amazing. Sliding screen top to set heat lamps on, side opening door for access, drool city! I could section off a 5 gallon slice and they'd still have lots of room left over. I'm going to put a human heat pad up against one wall of their 30 gallon (on the outside) to see if they prefer sleeping on the warm wall or the cool wall. Really no sense in doing all that if they like their beds cool anyways...

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]