kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Albino tic with a tooth ache,.... advice?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Reticulated Python Forum ]

Posted by BrianSmith on April 13, 2003 at 17:24:49:

My smallest female albino retic (11ft) has what looks to be a small lump in her gums. I went to feed her Friday and yesterday (Sat) and both days she refused food. As she is usually a pig, this is very unusual for her, so I took the rabbit out and watched her closely. As she was coming towards me I noticed that her right front lips were slightly seperated. So with my wife's assistance I took her out and peeled her upper right lip back. There was/is what appears to be a blister in her upper gums where her foreward-most tooth is. There is no sore or infection, just a clear, marble sized blister. I tried to gently pop it, but it wouldn't pop easily and so I left it alone. So to those that may have seen this before, is this what I assume it is? Is it just a mild liquid filled infection from her own tooth peircing her gums? Will it likely go away in short time if left alone? It obviously doesn't pain her as she never flinched even once when I was attempting to pop it. I would call my vet, but she's off until Wednesday. (Why do these things always happen when my vet is away??) So any advise on this is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Reticulated Python Forum ]