kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Thanks for the info...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]

Posted by Kestrel on April 21, 2003 at 01:46:02:

In Reply to: Thanks for the info... posted by Hurley on April 21, 2003 at 00:37:32:

LOL, well they're called alot of things.. malaysian cave racers, cave ratsnakes. all sorts of things.. Blues can mellow down i suppose, but I don't think i've ever met any near as tame as the average Taiwan.. I dunno.. I like my ridleyi, and he's semi handlable.. Just don't relax around him, and he's definatly not a just carry around and pet sort of snake.. Anyhow, good luck on your search..

:But as far as temperment goes, ridleyi(Cave) beauties and blues have to be the worst. Both of them seem to be very shy and defensive.

:LOL, but of course...the two I find the most appealing WOULD be the ones that are the most shy and defensive. Doesn't that just figure. ;) Hadn't made the connection with the cave dwelling rats being beauties, although now that you mention it...it's one of those 'duh' moments for me. LOL. Like when you finally get the joke that the entire world got a week ago?

:Do the blues or ridleyi ever calm down enough to be handleable, or are they of the look but don't touch variety?

:Now that I have some names to go on, I can scout around a bit and research which one(s) I want to get into. Thanks for your replies!

:
:Hurley

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]