kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Ringneck Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: NJ permit questions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The NJHS Forum ]

Posted by urbanjungles on September 11, 2002 at 21:20:04:

In Reply to: NJ permit questions posted by seaducer9 on September 11, 2002 at 17:38:06:

:Hello all, I am a new member of the NJHS, in fact I sent in payment about 3 hours ago...

: I have never had a permit for animals before, nor ever felt the need to ( won't get into that here), but I am turning over a new leaf, and as a new member of the NJHS I decided to comply. I currently have 2 animals that require permits, a blue and gold macaw, and a leopard gecko. The gecko is rather old, but the bird I got 2 years ago, and have lost all the paper work. I downloaded the app from the site, but am wondering if the state is going to give me a hard time with the permit because I had animals that should have been covered, but weren't. Also with no proof of purchase on a bird, this could get hairy. Has anybody ever dealt with this problem before? I included a letter explaining my situation to the state as well as the birds band number, but if this is going to cause more grief than it is worth maybe i should hold off? Thanks for any help you may or may not give ...
: Drew Z.
:The Peoples Republic of New Jersey

Drew,

Don't worry about it, you'll be just fine. NJ is very understanding believe it or not, and they shouldn't give you a problem. They generally have a bit of an amnesty mentality where as long as it's not an animal that requres a special permit they won't really bother you.

Welcome to the society, I just recieved your membership application. I hope to meet you soon!

Danny Mendez
President - NJHS

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The NJHS Forum ]