kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

care, need help.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ National Iguana Awareness Day Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cosmos Hoffman on January 15, 2001 at 16:54:47:

This is a letter I have written , please read it and help me,
and if you don't thank you anyway for even taking a look.

I'm so happy that you can help me I'm not very old ( 16 )and I love my Iguana I read everything I can find and spend 2-3 h a day infront of the computer to learn about who to make him feel beeter, of course my sister who also loves him helps him and my mother who's a doctor, my vet the ( the best one in my area and country Sweden in abroad).

My Iguana and loved friend Odlan are have kidneys problems , when we got him for several years ago we were told to give him cat food, ( we gave him that for about 1 year ) then we discovered that it's was bad for them we had him for a checkup but the vet said he was okey and looked very nice, the second time we where at the vet she said that he had kidneys ( notthing to worry about, we gave him baytril and Novaluzid ), lately he have started to close his eyes during the days and act " lazzy " and his dew lap swolowed, we took him to the vet and she said that his kidneys had gone real bad, she said that he would live from two weeks to one year.
His not very old soon 6, he was givien several injections at the vet ( don't know all of them , will get them ) one was steroids, after that he was given 0.15 baytril everyday and Novaluzid 1 ml two times a day, and 50 ml of water, we gave him that for about three weeks, but he couldn't handle that much water ( the water had come in to his lungs and he had troubble breathing ) so we started to give him 30 ml,
his weights about 1.2-1.5 kg and measures 95 cm.
At this moment we give him 1 ml Novaluzid and 30 ml a day we tries to keep his " home " at 68,70-85 % humidity, but I have been worried lately he keeps his mouth open when it gets to high ( 90 and over % )., I'm almost shore that it's not mouth rot since he eats like a pig and his mouth looks very nice too me. I suspect that he has gotten somesort of infections in his lungs, but there aren't any real sinces of that execpt the mouth part, sometimes when he breaths it looks like it a bit hard for him ( might sound exagerating ) like he woudl keep his breath and then breath, but after a while he breaths like normally, should I keep him at a lower humidity level ? W gives him daily baths.
We feed him with parsnip, butternut ( winter spuash ) , green squash ( summer squash ) , green beans , pear, sometimes aragula, and machesallad.
We try to feed him the MK-diet but it's hard because some of the vegetables here are hard to find.
Do you think it's a good diet.

It has now gone three weeks and he looks béeter now then before, he is nice as always and it more alert eats more, moves more the only thing that concerns me is his poo,

sometimes the last tewo days his main poo ( the usually brown ) is orange, he loves nutternut which a very orange vegetable, '
his white stuff on the side looks almost like it should it is a little orange, and I will be looking for christals.
All his food is first boiled the but in food precessor and then mixed.
We give him vitamins and calcium three -four times every week.

So the only concern I have now really is the lung and breathing part and perhaps I should say that I think I feelt his kidney ( the left one )
for the lats three days but today I didn't feel it.

I'm so happy that you have answerd my mail and cares, I think your are doinng a wonderful thing, thank you so much.

Novaluzid.
Magn. hydrox. et magn. carb. respond. 24,1 mg Mg, alumin. hydrox, respond. 58,5 mg Al. amyl, hydrolysat.
et hydrogenat. 67 m, sorbitol. 42 mg, saccharinnatr.,conservans, aroma, constit. q.s. et aq. ad 1 ml.
10 ml binds ca 85 mmol Hci.

The medécin is given for when you have pyrosis and erucation ( sourly ) don't know the english word fo that one.'
5- 10 ml when trouble or by doctors orders.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ National Iguana Awareness Day Forum ] [ FAQ ]