kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

What monitor would love a spilt enclosure land/water?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Monitor Forum ]

Posted by krisg4200 on May 14, 2003 at 23:46:00:

My previous monitor was a mangrove, and he loved to bask in the top section (the logs), and then when he got hot enough he would jump down to the 55 gallon aquarium that I had half full with water and gravel. He would eat the gold fish that I put in the fish tank, and the mice and peeps that I would place on the top section. But alas he was too aggressive and he loved to escape, so now im looking for a new monitor that would enjoy the same conditions, but thats more docile and easier to tame. Although th eonly reason i couldnt tame my last monitor, was because it was given to me when he was already a year and half, with a bad attitude. Well ive rambled on enough, if anyone has an opinion on which breed to choose please respond.

Thanks
Kris

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Monitor Forum ]