kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: both sides of the fence...i still think it's going to ..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]

Posted by mchambers on January 26, 2003 at 11:53:55:

In Reply to: From both sides of the fence posted by klorentz on January 25, 2003 at 18:39:57:

get worse now that some insurance polocies are wording SALMONELLA in their policies ! How can one fight ( with some of the above post ) insurance companies when the center of disease control states the salmonella problem in reptiles ? In the new issue of Pet Age, one of the biggest circulation magazines of the pet industry, PETA is asking the American Red Cross to screen potential blood doners for contact or has contact with reptiles for preventing transmission of salmonella ( how are they going to determin who has/keeps reptiles....will it be a voluntary notion on the doner to confess or at a HUGH cost will EVERYBODY be screened ) . PIJAC has agreed to put out the poster on safe handleing of reptiles ( in which I have no problem with ) but the CDC now recommends that no household that have children under age 5 keep reptiles.

m chambers

:
: Mike is right for the most part . Having owned dogs and herps at the same time it really bothers me that pet owners in general will not stand together on this . Where is the AKC in all this ???? More then likely planing dog shows to air on animal planet . Im sorry but this BS for both herpers and dog owners has been going on fare longer then anyone cares to admit . And I have every right to be t'ed off about it .

:
: Over two decads ago my family had a Staffordshire Bull terrier . One day we had a greese fire in the ketchen and the STATE FARM claims guy came out . Oh we got a check in the mail but then got a letter saying they where terminateing our policy because of our staffy . This was a dog that let cats nead him and would play with them . He never harmed ANYONE yet STATE FARM gave us the boot . to heck with them !!!!!

: Heck the would probably think my yellow belly cooter where snapers and ravage everyone . Oh and lets not forget marble gecko's . Evil lizards they might rip a strnd of hair from your arm . Will pet owners get together to fight this discremination ? HA !!! You have a better chance turning Sadam into a peace lovin Christain !

: Kevin

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]