kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Ga Snake Laws - Need someones advice

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]

Posted by totallyreptiles on September 13, 2002 at 11:13:22:

Well, here in the state of ga, we are not allowed to have, possess or breed any native non venomous snakes which means i cannot breed cornsnakes :(
But i contacted the Department of Agriculture to ask about Florida Kingsnakes, b/c on the map it shows they appear also in Ga.

The man at DOA said that any species of snake is not allowed in Ga, not the subspecies, so then he said that any Lampropltis getulus species is illegal, which includes, cal kings, mex black kings, florida king etc. All getula subspecies. But in almost every single pet store i have been to, sells cal kings. He said it is b/c they were unaware of the laws. Then he says that most of the DOA people just turn their heads away with that sort of thing, but that is hard to believe that every getula subspecies is illegal.
Which also means, i would have to get rid of almost all of my kings I would have to get rid of- including my little striped cal king above. :(

Anyone have any comments on this? I have talked to the DOA many times and they never said any subspecies of getula was illegal, but this guy was their supervisor.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Law Forum ]