kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

30 Days from breeding to eggs ! Seems real fast to me ...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Kingsnake Forum ]

Posted by rtdunham on May 11, 2003 at 11:05:37:

In Reply to: 30 Days from breeding to eggs ! Seems real fast to me ... posted by Keith Hillson on May 10, 2003 at 22:25:18:

:You are right on the days I forgot there was only 30 days in april. What was the time on your Easterns ? I should mention but I doubt anything happened I did have the 2 together 2 weeks prior to them locking up. It was for 45 minutes and I was in the room but never saw copulation. I guess he could have fired a quick on in her but im pretty sure he did not. Either way the eggs are all candling fertile (knock on wood) so we will see.
:Keith
Hi Keith,

My big het/albino eastern chain king female laid 38 days after her first copulation (with my albino male, thus my excitement), and laying took place 33 days after her second and last breeding (I was traveling and couldn't pair them up after that). I thought her fertility was instructive, too: 28 of 33 eggs apparently good, after only two breedings.

Your mentioning the almost-forgotten pairing two weeks earlier reminds me of the importance of meticulous record keeping. It doesn't make a lot of difference in your instance, but under other circumstances (when using different males, for example) it can make a big difference. I'm going to put a separate post at the top of the forum, to elaborate on that and maybe help out some of the newbies on record keeping.

peace
terry

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Kingsnake Forum ]