kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

steamy debate time.... IM BREAKING THE LAW!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herps and Kids Forum ]

Posted by Bammer on March 01, 2003 at 21:52:55:

So.. who is breaking the law with thier herps?

I live in california. My house hold is only supposed to have 4 small animals. Hmm... lets seee....

3 dogs
2 cats
at least 20 fish... ranging from angels to koi(which one is 3 feet long)
5 snakes
1 scorpion.

oh crud.... I think im breaking the law... well.. shoot...

you must be wondering why I am bringing this up. Well, I am very open about my herps... I go oustside alot with a 6 foot boa constrcitor or maybe my 5 foot taiwan beauty snake.. or one of my other snakes...

I show them to the neighbor kids... and seem to enjoy seeing snakes.. i guess.. If a parent were to not like the idea of thier kids playing with "dirty" reptiles then they could get a citation officer at my house to make me get rid of all my snakes and leave me with a HEFTY fine....

also.. Permits! Oh JOY! I am sure most of you are familiar with rosy boas? Small, burrowing boas native to california. Alot of people have these... I believe the law to own these is that you must have a permit and can only keep 4. I think that is how it is with most of the reptiles in california.. permits... I never knew this. I was informed about keeping native species and what is required to keep them at a herp society meeting...

anyone like to go field collecting? Make sure you know the laws in your area.. here you must have a fishing license or some other bull like that... I swear to god... the government has these written down somewhere.. and nobody knows about it until you are caught in the act of the crime...
"Sir, are you collecting rosy boas?"
"um... yes."
"Do you have a fishing license or hunting license?"
"no. do i need one?"
"sir, put your hands above your head as I read you your rights"

All that is accomplished is one confused herper....

Can anyone relate to my problem?

Basically.. this whole rant is about how I do not want to loose my animals as the law is not specific to snakes, only 4 small animals. Laws... bleh...

and know your laws!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herps and Kids Forum ]