kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I was hoping I would get your opinion...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herps and Kids Forum ]

Posted by Bammer on March 04, 2003 at 00:35:32:

In Reply to: Well...hold one a second... posted by snakeguy88 on March 03, 2003 at 18:42:59:

I am glad these laws exist, I really do. Frankly, I would be quite distraught to find out that the native species have been all "collected". I would have had to research the information on what and what not I can collect in the wild. ALl this knowledge that I learned about how many herps I can keep and collect became a shock to me. I just didnt know they existed... Especially since I live in california and every petstore has millions of cal kings. Do they all know about the zoning and collecting laws? Probally not. And I do not own illegal animals, I own too many animals according to the very unspecific law that my county upholds. If they enforce it, I will fight it. Thanks for your opinion.

:Zoning and collecting laws are standard knowledge. I have known about these since I started herping. We did not always have zoning and collecting laws, but when they came out and I was just about 12, I found them and read them front to back. TONS of people know about them. It is the same as a hunting license or fishing license. Same principle ect. I do not think it is fair to criticize the government. They are keeping people from walking around taking every snake in sight and selling it to the pet trade or the next door kid. Also remember, if you are found to have illegal animals, in all likelihood they could be confiscated and destroyed. Something to think about. Andy

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herps and Kids Forum ]