kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

"Core" response..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]

Posted by dryguy on February 06, 2003 at 13:25:02:

In Reply to: Re: Where is Fred Albury? posted by bobl on February 06, 2003 at 12:20:31:

I agree with most everything BL said..

Since I coined the term "core", I'll try again to clarify what I meant(altho Bobby probably already did) I just meant that there are a group of 20 or so contributors to this forum whom we all recognize...Some have been here forever and some just a few months..It's just that these "people" seem to have a devotion to this forum(not to the exclusion of any other herps or herpers!!) We hear from them regularly, by comment, question or observation...They are more than willing to answer any questions and provide thought provoking or "funny" input..We don't care about grammar or which football team you root for(Raiders Suck!)but that you just participate without degrading or disrespecting others, and that you do so with integrity and honesty...

I've had more than my share of disagreements with members of the"core" But guess what? Each time I've come away with the feeling that I've learned something whether or not my opinion was changed or swayed...It's just about treating others with the respect you deserve yourself...

So, come one and come all!!! Just come to have fun!!

I'll step off the soap box for now...

As to where Fred is..He hasn't e-mailed me in more than a week or so, a lttle unusual....I suspect he is busy with some of the more trying things in his life...He'll get back to you,DD/Landon...If he doesn't, e-mail me...Carl snotex@adelphia.net

:::You aren't trespassing! You're concerned about your purchase just as any one else would be.
:::6 months and no response??? You say you e mailed him 3 times? Have you tried to call him at all?

::I do not have his phone number... and let me set something straight lest you misunderstand... Fred and I had been communicating just fine and all was well (the baby snakes had yet to switch over to rodents; that's why it has been 6 months) until the thing blew up on the Forum here a few weeks ago - since then I have not been able to get a response from him. He may have divorced himself from posting on the forums (as I have)and I have sent him 3 emails over the past week or two.

::Sure, I am concerned; I know Fred has suffered a loss of some relative(s) and I just want to make sure we are still on track somewhere, somehow. I don't want to lose my $140 (or worse, the hognose) but I do not believe that Fred would screw anyone over for $140.00! I just want to find out what is going on, that's all.

::As far as the 'tresspassing' issue is concerned, the 'core' made it very clear to me that I am not welcome here, and that I should go back under the rock I crawled out from. So, I have.

::It is not impossible to raise and enjoy indigos without benefit of this forum. I did it in the '70's, I can do it now.

::Thanks for your help and consideration.

::
::Landon Johnson
:::Hopefully you didn't get burned, but not getting back to you... that sounds fishy to me!
:::I'm curious to see how you make out.

:::Good Luck
:::Bobby

::Landon,

:
:I misunderstood your initial post and took it as though Fred hadn't contacted you in 6 months despite your efforts to contact him, my bad. So you write that you haven't heard from him or been able to contact him for the past few weeks
:and all was good between you two until you had your "problems" on this Forum with him and the "core", You also think it may have something to do with the plane accident thing, possibly both?
:You make it sound like you are not so much concerned about the money as much as Freds well being or the well being of those snakes. You also say Fred wouldn't stiff you, but yet you were pretty adament that you were getting screwed a few weeks ago when the "Flame Wars" were going on here.
:Back then when I was reading all of that nonsense I actually was kind of on your side and thought that your so called "CORE" was ganging up on you because they know of Fred and not you, but looking back you were upset and came off like a jerk the way you wrote your posts. Now it's a kinder gentler DorkDog?
:If you come here looking for someone that owes you something just come out with it. Don't pussy foot around saying that you hope he and the snakes are ok and that you don't think he'd screw you.
:Would you be looking for him if you didn't think he screwed you? No, you'd just wait for him to get back to you.
:Lest you misunderstand me, I wasn't saying that Fred was out to burn you, I hope that's not the case. He seems like a nice enough guy. I said it just sounds fishy that he hasn't gotten back to you.
:Also, what is up with this "CORE" Bull Sh!t???
:Where does that crap come from anyway? You and many others make it sound like there's a bunch of Dry keepers in hoods and sheets here waiting to gang up on any hapless outsider that dares venture to this Forum and voice an opinion or ask a question. No gang bangin, groups of evil herpers, or "Core" troopers waiting to banish you from here, just serious enthusiasts.

:Bobby

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Indigo Snake Forum ]