kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Regurgitation question...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The General Snake Forum ]

Posted by glenn bartley on January 24, 2003 at 05:10:44:

In Reply to: Regurgitation question... posted by Marwhal on January 23, 2003 at 23:40:13:

According to my math (which is almost always fuzzy) I figure you have fed the snake two rodents at each feeding; that is of course based on what you said. Is that correct?

"The problem is she has gurged everything she has eaten. She has had four mice and never pooped. She arrived in great health but is now losing weight. She has gurged twice now. "

My answe r to your inquiry would go along the lines of the one I recently gave - only a few threads down - about basically the same problem.

Tell us more about the snake (type, size, C/B or C/Bred or W/C), where acquired; how you keep it (temps, lighting, handling frequency, size mice you are feeding it, are they live, prekilled thawed food items, etc.... Tell us in detail, and it may be a lot easier to figure out what could possibly be happening. My first guesses, and these are only guesses based upon the skimpy info you gave, is that two mice are too many. By the way, you said it arrived in great health - I was wondering how do you know that? Was this snake examined by a vet and given a clean bill of health - or are you taking someone else's word for that - such as the person you got it from?

Good luck,
Glenn Bartley

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The General Snake Forum ]