kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

no they are not....... (more)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Gecko Forum ]

Posted by desertgecko on April 22, 2003 at 13:55:53:

In Reply to: Tokay Gecko Questions????? posted by ljk825 on April 21, 2003 at 23:04:47:

Tokays are one of the easiest geckos to keep. his behaviour will change when you get the set up right. the first rule in keeping tokays is SPACE! tokays are very active at night and will jump around after food. i built my own tank for my tokay. its 24x30x18 inches (LxHxD). this should be the minimum requirements you are looking at. you will need to include many hiding places for your tokay. when they feel secure in their surroundings, they become less defensive. the next rule is to give him peace and quiet. let him settle in and get used to his new home and you. i would suggest you feed your tokay with crickets that are at least 4 weeks old. you may also feed locusts. basically, anything thats fairly big and moves a lot!

as for the whole being vicious thing, the majority on this site that keep tokays will tell you thats a lie! yes they bite, and yes they can be aggresive. but this is just they're last resort in self defense. once you begin to understand a tokays behaviour pattern, they'll begin to understand you. this will take time on both parts, but its worth it in the end!!

Claire

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Gecko Forum ]