kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Thanks ginevive

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Frog and Toad Forum ]

Posted by EllasMommie on April 11, 2003 at 08:57:58:

In Reply to: Re: Need some ideas posted by ginevive on April 10, 2003 at 17:07:42:

I have lots of plants for water and land. Last night we picked up a couple more leo tads and my husband picked out this little frog that was so cute and only about an inch. it still had a tail. Well we went to a second place to swap the basking bulb we bought there for just a regular light and found out that the little frog was a Pixi. Needless to say we gave it to the other place. We didn't want a frog that big in with the leos and risk any fighting. The guy also gave us 1 more leo tads that he got in with their feeders by accident. So we will have a total of 4 leos. I was mistaken on the tank size. It's actually 36x18x18.

So we will have large gravel on the water side, just enough to put a layer on the bottom and hold the plants. We'll have gravel on the land side but it will be topped off with soil. (I picked up an aquatic soil that is safe for both fish and frogs, it's for ponds) There are also plants and we are going to add a couple hiding spots on land.

The really cool thing we got was this little fog machine. It sits just under the water and creates a little water fountain as well as fog. My husband just had to have it. It looks really awesome with all the plants.

We got the plexi bow put together last night so come Saturday evening we will be able to put it all together.

I'm so excited!!!!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Frog and Toad Forum ]