kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Poll: What do y'all pay for 50#s of rabbit pellets?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Feeder Forum ]

Posted by JM on April 21, 2003 at 20:34:52:

In Reply to: Re: Poll: What do y'all pay for 50#s of rabbit pellets? posted by DeMak on April 21, 2003 at 20:02:52:

Your getting a better deal on rodent blocks. I only found one place around here that carried mazuri rodent blocks, and their asking $12 for a 20# bag (Might have been a 25# bag) I've actually been feeding dog food (Store brand with no red food dye at the feed store) that runs me about $10 to $12 for 50# then I mix that with crushed oats that I can pick up for about $9 for a 50# bag. Between the 50# of dog food and 50# of oats, I can usually get through at least a month and a half on that 100#s of feed. (Sometimes I mix in sunflower seeds too, thier cheap and high in protien and fat)

Talk about funny looks, I live close to Norco, which calls itself "Horsetown USA" (They have bridle paths instead of sidewalks) Thats where ALL of the local feed stores are located......when I ask for rat blocks, or tell them I want the cheapest rabbit feed available so I can use it as rat bedding.....I definatly get some odd reactions. "WHY?!?" And when I tell them its for snake food....well it all goes down hill from there!

Thats why the price of Rabbit pellets bugs me so much. I can get a 50# bag of crushed oats for $9, or a 50# bag of "Sweet feed" for $7......but I pay close to $10 for Alfalfa pellets!! (I thought about that sweet feed...but I was afraid with all that sweet malasis those rats would be too hyper to breed!)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Feeder Forum ]