kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

long interjection...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Elapidae Forum ]

Posted by steve h on April 24, 2003 at 18:07:55:

In Reply to: Perfect mamba cage? maybe... posted by Chance on April 24, 2003 at 07:29:06:

Please pardon a brief interjection...

Jeremy's feathers may be a bit ruffled from the time you came on these forums as basically a "newbie" and announced your intentions and then stated some of the things you were doing. You were soundly tongue lashed(by some very experienced keepers, I might add), and probably rightfully so...
In my opinion you sounded, at the time, and in your posts, like someone quite lacking in experience, yet making up for it in attitude.

What then? You did not quietly follow through on your intentions anyway, you followed through, threw it in people's faces (you told everyone here what you were doing). And continued to take flack for it. You then had several difficulties with some snakes (can't remember all the details), which you delineated here on the forums, for those who had warned you to see. More flack.

This is not a flame, and perhaps that isn't why Jeremy's feathers seem ruffled...I'm just guessing, I don't know. I have no ties to Jeremy (saw him once at a show), and I don't dislike you...I can't even remember all the details of your earlier flame wars...so if I left anything out it was due to me being too lazy to look it up.

I too started with little to no "snake" experience, and got some good "hot" stuff. I was warned. I didn't argue with those keepers that had warned me, and come back here to tell them I was deliberately ignoring their advice, and throw my errors out there to be devoured...instead I learned all I could, as quick as I could, and did the best I could. 2 years later and no bites, and many healthy snakes...and I learn new stuff all the time, plus I'm very much a beginner compared to most of the people on here and their vast amount of knowledge.

my .02
Steve

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Elapidae Forum ]