kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

some clairifications / retractions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ DFW Herp Society Forum ]

Posted by troy h on September 14, 2002 at 08:30:00:

In Reply to: Carl and Steve posted by lanceheads on September 13, 2002 at 20:39:09:

since you are extensively quoting from my post when you say that carl & steve moved to separate the DFWHS from the TRE, let me be the one to put forth some clarifications that i've rec'd from the "horse's mouth" so to speak.

from several board members and officers of the DFWHS, i have it that there was substantial discussion of separating from TRE, that it wasn't in fact Carl that made the motion, and that the seconding of that motion was unanimous.

so now it appears that i was not as well informed as i had thought on the actual sequence of events as i had thought.

furthermore, i did not discuss the relative merits of the TRE vs Carl's expo in my post (as much for business reasons as any other reason - i may have the need to be a vendor at one or the other in the future), but from all accounts that i've heard, carl's show had a much higher %age of captive bred herps than the TRE shows. all i was trying to say in my posts below was that i had anecdotal evidence that the %age was not 100%.

troy h

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ DFW Herp Society Forum ]