BIG SNAKE IN BARN

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Dallas - Ft. Worth Herpetological Society Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Donna Jones on July 04, 2000 at 09:59:19:

Hi, I'm not a member, but found your forum when searching the net for info on snakes. Yesterday I happened across a large snake in my barn under a stack of lumber. I didn't hang around long enough to examine it. (Yup I was SCARED! Not familiar like you guys. ) Anyway the part of him I saw was solid black or dark grey and quite large, almost as big around as a tennis ball at the thickest "bottom part". (Like I said, I'm not an expert!) Neighbors have found copperheads out here lately, but I didn't see any rings or stripes on this one. (I only saw about six inches of length.) Besides, I thought Copperheads were smallish. I hope someone can tell me what to do about this snake. I'm spooked about going into the barn now. I'm thinning out a wooded section near the barn that is carpeted with dead leaves and has lots of cedars, oaks, vines, etc. Further back (probably fifty feet) is a creek. I live south of Burleson, north of Alvarado near I35W. BTW, I'm wearing leather boots. Do they help any to protect from snake bites? Thanks so much for any info.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Dallas - Ft. Worth Herpetological Society Forum ] [ FAQ ]